We are excited to offer your child the opportunity to continue playing their instrument as part of the KUSD/Department of Recreation Summer Orchestra! Below is the information you will need to register your child for this program.
- The summer orchestra program will extend over a six-week period, beginning June 20, and continuing through July 25. Classes meet on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. (Specific times are listed below).
- To better meet the needs of our students, we will be offering 3 orchestra ensemble experiences: Cadet Orchestra (for students who have completed 1 year of instruction), Intermediate Orchestra (for students who have completed 2-3 years of instruction-typically 5th & 6th grade students), and Advanced Orchestra (for the 7th & 8th grade middle school students). We will also offer a High School Orchestra (for grades 9-12). Please read the information below for the criteria and times for each ensemble. Your orchestra teacher will let you know which of the 3 ensembles best meets the need of your child. If you do not know, please contact your child’s teacher here.
- There will be a final summer concert on Tuesday evening, July 25, at 7:00 p.m. at Bradford High School. There will be no classes at Bradford or Lincoln on July 25. On that day the orchestras will meet for a special dress rehearsal. Times will be given out on the first day of summer orchestra. All rehearsals for the concert will be at Bradford.
- Even if your child will miss some of the summer orchestra program due to vacation it is still worth it for them to be involved for as long as they are able. This program is a great way to keep your child playing, in a fun and relaxed environment with other students!
- To register your child for the summer orchestra program, please fill out this form. OR return the paper form given to your child.
- The fee for the summer program is $15, which includes a T-shirt to wear at the concert. Parents can pay online in RevTrak (as they do other school fees) with a credit/debit card or with cash or check (made payable to KUSD Fine Arts) on the first day of class. Please indicate t-shirt size on the registration form.
Here are the times and locations for each ensemble:
(students completing their 1st year of instruction)
(Typically for students completing Grades 4 & 5)
Cadet Orchestra – Bradford H.S. (5:00 – 6:00 P.M.)
Cadet Orchestra – Lincoln M.S. (12:30 – 1:30 P.M.)
(students completing their 2nd or 3rd year of playing)
(Typically for students completing Grades 5 & 6)
Intermediate Orchestra – Bradford H.S. (6:00 – 7:00 P.M.)
Intermediate Orchestra – Lincoln M.S. (1:30 – 2:30 P.M.)
(For students completing Grades 7 & 8)
Advanced Orchestra – Bradford H.S. (7:00 – 8:00 P.M.)
Advanced Orchestra – Lincoln M.S. (2:30 – 3:30 P.M.)
HIGH SCHOOL ORCHESTRA
(For grades 9-12)
High School Orchestra – Bradford H.S. (3:00 – 5:00 P.M.)
- To register your child for the summer orchestra program, please fill out this electronic form, OR return this paper form to your orchestra teacher.